Discover the best places of Budapest with the Budapest Card
You can discover the top attractions and most important sights with the Hungarian capital’s official city card, the Budapest Card! Enjoy the excellent Hungarian cuisine, the atmosphere of historic baths, experience off-the-beaten-track programmes and travel around the city for free. Take in 30+ free services and 80+ cultural, dining and miscellaneous offers with discounts up to 50%.
Services provided upon purchasing the Budapest Card:
- Free public transport within the boundaries of Budapest (including bus, metro, tram, trolleybus, Millennium Underground Railway, HÉV Suburban Railway, Cogwheel Railway, BKK boat services and Zugliget Chairlift) and to the BUD Airport terminals
- Free, English-language Cityrama walking sightseeing tours, individually on the Buda and Pest sides) – both with a duration of 2-2.5 hours
- Free entry to the St Lukács thermal bath within the period of validity on a single occasion – one ticket with locker usage
- Free admission to the permanent exhibitions of more than 20 museums
- Free admission to BUDATOWER – The Mary Magdalene Tower
- Free entry to the Palace of Wonders
- Free admission to Pál-völgyi Cave
- Free admission to 32nd Festival of Folk Arts, between 17th and 20th August 2018
- Free access to the BUM mobile application developed by Shopping and Themed Streets of Budapest (BUM Nonprofit Kft.)
- 4-hour free luggage storage service at BP Koffer Luggage & Chill
- Discounted admission to numerous museums and sights, the amount of the discount ranges from 10-50%
- Reduced price tickets to the most popular thermal baths and wellness services
- Discounted rent-a-car services (-20%) from the Budget Rent a Car fleet
- Discounted miniBUD airport transfer services (-15%)
- Additional discounts from walking, bus, ship sightseeing tours, restaurants, cafés, clubs, shops, spas, cultural and folklore programs. The values of the discounts range from 10-50%.
The Budapest Card is valid for a single natural person. The new Budapest Card is launched on 1 April 2018 and can be sold to third parties until 31 March 2019. The validity of the card is indicated on the date field (to be completed by the user) on the back of the card, and by way of the card’s NFC chip, which is activated when the card is first used and shall remain active for the subsequent 24, 48, 72, 96 or 120 hours.
From 1st April 2017, beside the well-known 24/48/72 hours Budapest Cards, we launch new card types for visitors arriving to Budapest. With the 96/120 h and 72h Junior Card you can enjoy the same services as with 24/48/72h Budapest Card. Discounts are deducted form the full price tickets. Junior Card can be purchased for youngsters between 6-18 years.
Budapest Card is available at Budapestinfo Points at the airport terminals and in the downtown, you can purchase the Card in almost all hotels, metro ticket offices and online.
Pricing for the 2018/19 season (the BFTK reserves the right to change the following prices!):
- For 24 hours: 5,500 HUF (21,99 EUR)
- For 48 hours: 8,500 HUF (32,99 EUR)
- For 72 hours: 10,900 HUF (42,99 EUR)
- For 96 hours: 14,500 HUF (52,99) EUR
- For 120 hours: 17,500 HUF (62,99 EUR)
- 72-hour Junior Budapest Card: 8,900 HUF (32,99 EUR)
You can find the opening hours and locations of the Budapestinfo Points here: https://www.budapestinfo.hu/budapestinfo-point.
For further information or online booking please visit www.budapest-card.com.